Tobacco Action Worker
Implement local health promotion activities e.g. community forums, supporting creation of smoke-free homes and workplace sharing information about smoking cessation, to increase community understanding of the dangers of smoking, benefits of cessation and benefits of smoke-free environments.
- Attractive gross remuneration $61,900 - $68,800 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Assist the Regional TIS Coordinator in the delivery of regional smoking prevention and cessation social marketing campaigns and events.
- Deliver smoking cessation and support programs appropriate to the worker’s qualification level to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and refer to other health programs as appropriate
- Promote and support smoke free workplace strategies in host organisations.
- Exemplify non-smoking and quit smoking behaviours.
- Perform other duties as agreed between the host organisation and the Department of Health and Ageing.
If you would like to join our team and experience the adventure that remote area living has to offer then click here to apply - Apply NOW
All applications must include a resume and responses to the selection criteria as per the position description below and provide 2 current professional referees.