Human Resource Officer
Permanent, Full Time
Total Salary $70,000 to $75,000 plus 9.5% superannuation, 17.5% leave loading on 5 weeks annual leave and $1,600 gross annual airfare
- 9.5% superannuation
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Annual airfare gross $1,600
- PBI salary packaging up to $15,900 to increase take home pay
The Human Resources (HR) Officer is responsible for providing customer focused, practical and timely HR advice and support to managers and employees, in line with organisational policies and procedures.
This role has a HR generalist focus supporting all aspects of HR including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, orientation and on boarding, performance management and developing and maintaining accurate policy and procedure.
Ngaanyatjarra health service is an Aboriginal community controlled health service located in the Ngaanyatjarra land that strives to work with indigenous and non-indigenous people the malparara way [two-way learning] as a part of the Ngaanyatjarra community to promote the health and wellbeing of people in the Lands.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide accurate and timely advice and support to management and staff across all employment aspects and escalate where appropriate.
- Support effective end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring position descriptions are current, placing advertisements, corresponding with applicants during the recruitment process, scheduling interviews and completing reference checks.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies to source suitable relief candidates as requested.
- Prepare and issue employee contracts and contract variations as appropriate.
- Coordinate staff orientation and on boarding, including requesting travel and accommodation bookings and occasionally make these bookings if required.
- Administer the Human Resource System ELMO and electronic employee personnel files ensuring accuracy of records and that compliance is met.
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources and minimum 2 years’ experience in a HR role.
- maintain confidentiality and integrity in working with staff information and files;
- have the ability to plan work and be well organised;
- establish appropriate priorities and meet deadlines;
- maintain attention to detail in the preparation of sensitive material;
- have strong IT skills with the ability to learn new systems and platforms;
- possess the ability to multitask and work in a semi-autonomous environment;
- possess well-developed skills in communication and problem solving;
- Current Manual NT Drivers Licence.
- Current National Police Clearance or the ability to obtain.
- Ability to travel regional, remote and interstate on unsealed roads by 4WD or by light aircraft
- Diploma Human Resources
- 5 Years experience working in HR role
If you would like to join our team and experience the adventure that remote area living has to offer then click here to apply - Apply NOW
All applications must include a resume and responses to the selection criteria as per the position description below and provide 2 current professional referees.