Remote Area Nurse (RAN)
- Multiple FTEs available - **Persons interested in relief work are also encouraged to apply**
- Base Salary: $119,642.94 per annum
- Base Salary: $119,642.94 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation, PBI Salary Packaging (valued up to $15,900) and non-cash benefits up to $37,200 including rent free fully furnished house
- 6 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Availability leave incentive – potential to be eligible for 4 weeks’ availability leave per year, this includes $1,600 gross return airfare allowance each time
- Rent free fully furnished house
- Mobile reception available in the community
- PBI Salary Packaging
Working as a part of multidisciplinary team within Ngaanyatjarra Health Service you will contribute and support the overall multidisciplinary and integrated approach to the remote health team’s endeavour to treat illness, promote well-being, provide education and training and encourage community health action promoting a comprehensive Primary Health Care service.
Ngaanyatjarra Health service is an Aboriginal community controlled health service located in the Ngaanyatjarra land that strives to work with indigenous and non-indigenous people the Malpara way (two-way learning) as a part of the Ngaanyatjarra community to promote health and well-being of people in the Lands.
Life on the Ngaanyatjarra Lands:
The Ngaanyatjarra Lands cover a vast area approximately 250,000km2 in the east of Western Australia, up to the Northern Territory and South Australian borders. The communities we service are scattered across the Great Victorian and Gibson Deserts. Approximately 2,000 Ngaayatjarra people live in the communities on the Lands. Most people in the region speak Ngaanyatjarra as a first language. Some people may also speak English, Pitjantjatara, Yankunytjatjara, Noongar and other regional Indigenous languages.
The Ngaanyatjarra Lands are serviced weekly by a regional air service – Chartair, providing RPT (Regular Public Transport) flights into each community. Most communities have mobile phone coverage and broadband internet.
- 5-10 years post graduate experience
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Basic Life Support or CPR (current)
- Current National Police Clearance – or willing to obtain.
- Current Australian Driver Licence
- A minimum two referees
- Remote Emergency Care (REC)
- Maternal Emergency Care (MEC)
- IMMS (WA/SA) - Giving Vaccines (Current for WA)
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to join our team and experience the adventure that remote area living has to offer then click here to apply - Apply NOW
All applications must include a resume and responses to the selection criteria as per the position description below and provide 2 current professional referees.