Personal Care Assistants - Expression of Interest
Multiple positions available!
(with flexible work arrangements, minimum 8 weeks on required)
Exciting opportunity to work in Remote Western Australia alongside a great team to provide care to Indigenous people living in the Ngaanyatjarra Lands.
Negotiable salary with the successful applicant based on qualifications and experience.
Permanent positions include:
- 5 weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Availability leave incentive - potential to be eligable for 4 weeks availability leave per year, this includes $1,600 gross return airfare allowance each time
- Rent Free Accommodation
- Salary Sacrifice up to maximum allowed in FBT year as PBI ($15,900)
NHS manages the only aged care facility on the Ngaanyatjarra Lands: The Kungkarrangkalpa Aged Care Facility in Wanarn. The Aged Care Facility is an 18-bed facility that provides a home for residents with requirements ranging from low-level to high-level care. There are 16 funded beds and 2 unfunded beds, which are used for respite or end of life care. The residents come from all parts of the Lands. The Aged Care Facility is staffed by a RN Manager, an RN, EN, Personal Care Assistants and local Indigenous workers. The staff provide direct care to the frail aged Ngaanyatjarra people and local HACC clients within their scope of Practice.
The Warakurna Artists staff visit fortnightly to assist artistic residents to maintain their cultural heritage through their art.
NHS runs a Community Health Centre/Clinic in Wanarn. WDNWPT (Purple House) provides a renal dialysis service from the Health Centre. There is also a Ngaanyatjarra Lands school and a community store. Wanarn is approximately 160km north of Warburton and 860km from Alice Springs by road.
The community is on the dreaming track of the "Kungkarrangkalpa". Kungkarrangkalpa means Seven Sisters, an important Tjukurpa [dreaming] story from the Lands.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure all work is carried out ethically and within the framework of the Ngaanyatjarra Health Service (NHS).
- Ensure the comfort, privacy, dignity and preference of each resident is respected.
- Ensure confidentiality of resident information.
- Respond to assistance requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to any risk, personal and/or client, and report to the Nurse Manager.
- Responsible for care of residents clothing and belongings.
- Contribute towards ensuring the environment is culturally appropriate.
- Assist residents and local HACC clients to meet daily living needs, including nourishment, mobility, and personal hygiene.
- Adhere to medication guidelines and protocols.
- Assists and promotes residents to maintain independence, communication and social interaction with others.
- Supports resident’s rights, interests, cultural and spiritual needs in a non-judgemental manner.
- Work as a team member to provide domestic and laundry assistance.
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A current Australian Manual Drivers License
- Current Food Handling Certificate
- Current National Police Clearance or the ability to obtain
- Ability to travel regional, remote and interstate on unsealed roads by 4WD or by light aircraft
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you would like to join our team and experience the adventure that remote area living has to offer then click here to apply - Apply NOW
All applications must include a resume and responses to the selection criteria as per the position description below and provide 2 current professional referees.